Saturday, March 21, 2015

Long time, no see

So a month has gone by since we last told you what we were up to. Did you miss us? Well we. missed. you!

Here's what we've been doing (in chronological order):

First, I'm really into Kimbap right now.


Jim went to China-AGAIN. He goes so often, that it's not even worth blogging about any more. It's just China to him.
We all missed him (this is a rough draft)
While Jim was gone my work wife, Katie, stayed with us for a little extra supervision. Katie regretted this the first night when August, who recently saw Large Marge in Pee Wee's Big Adventure and started sleeping in my bed again, had a nightmare and punched and kicked Katie screaming "NOOOooooo" in the middle of the night. Anyway, Saturday we went up to Hongdae to hang out with new friend Daren (buy his book here) and his family and visited the Sheep Cafe again (it's very popular now because this is the year of the sheep!).

Head to Hongdae by taxi (taxi is a terrible way to get there-
the traffic and the style of driving nearly made me carsick)
The Sheep cafe was great, we wandered over to the park that has the art market . The day we were there was White Day (like Valentines day) and I got pulled in to an internet TV show. I could not tell what was happening. I had to choose between three guys and their gifts of candy?

Like an idiot, I chose the one that could not be easily divided amongst my children. I chose the huge lollipop. And then, we became a complete spectacle. I'm hoping that because I'd stepped away from the actual filming that no one saw what happened next, but it involved all three Farley children fighting over the sucker and it shattering into a million pieces all over the ground. ALL 3 kids were crying. We got out of there fast.

Everything was fixed with Gusto Tacos and ice cream.


This reminded me of myself.
Now for my new hobby. Maybe. Golf! Golf? It's everywhere here. I've talked with several people about how to get this going. I was advised to start hidden away in screen golf, move up to the driving range and then actual golfing. Screen golf is everywhere here. Lucky for me, Jim is equally as bad as I am so we can get better together. Screen golf is a mix of Tiger Woods Pro Golf Challenge on the PlayStation and actual golfing. For $20 you get 30 minutes of practice time, 18 holes and a couple of snacks. And they give you a takeout menu and order for you.


Before you watch the following clips, just know that we know we're not good at golfing and will be looking into lessons soon. So yes, our form is a disaster, but just think of how great it will be to compare our form to this in a year from now!

When you practice it records you so you can see how excellent you look in your new golf pants.


And here's what it looks like to actually play.



Spring Break has just started and we are off to Hong Kong on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Irish, I have missed your posts. This is a great one, and I couldn't help but smile as I read it. You have a style all your own, at writing as well as golf, and the writing style is a wonderful combination of gentle satire and self-deprecation, and perhaps the golf style is as well... Keep blogging, may your holiday in Hong Kong be memorable and great, and feature in the next episode of Farleys far away.

    ReplyDelete