Sunday, September 1, 2013

G Dragon concert in Seoul

 Last night, I went to the G Dragon concert. If you don't know who G Dragon is (I'm glad I can give you this introduction), here's all you need to know: G Dragon started in the K-pop band Big Bang and basically, Big Bang is the N'Sync of Korea and G Dragon is Justin Timberlake.

Bonny, Katie, Hannah and me















The concert was at Olympic Park. Just as we got there, we were approached by a reporter for an English radio station in Korea. I have no idea which one, because the only one I know of is the military radio station, but this was a Korean radio station. I guess we'll have to refer to this as "the lost interview" because, sadly, I don't think we'll ever find it on air to hear it.

Katie telling the reporter that she's wearing G Dragon socks and underwear

This is the stage before the show started. Our seats were great!
The show was amazing. Laser lights, fireworks, dancing with shirts on and off (not us, just G Dragon et. al.)...

This woman was sitting next to Hannah-she flew from Japan to Seoul just for this concert. Check out her awesome G Dragon rings!


Three times during the concert G Dragon did some chatting with the audience. These talks would go on for about 10 minutes. I'm sure it was interesting if you spoke Korean. 
G Dragon sitting criss-cross-applesauce having a heart to heart with all of us
Here are some video highlights of the evening:
Get your crayon:


Fantastic Baby-Crayon mash up:



Blah Blah Blah-Korean chit-chat:


G Dragon super fans:


Obviously inspired by Journey:



After the concert we went out for chicken-only chicken places are open this late on the weekends (Korea needs an ihop) then Hannah and I split a cab back to Gaepo. While we were in the car, the taxi driver seemed very curious about me. He was surprised when Hannah described the two of us as "friends". Hannah explained to me that in Korea, one is only friends with people around their own age. Of course, my main concern was that the driver considered me so much older than a 21 year old that we shouldn't even be friends. I'd like to believe it's because I'm in Korea, which means we go by Korean age here. Does my Korean age make me look older? I think this cultural norm is one that the whole country should reconsider. Hey, Korea, you're missing out on a lot of potential friends.

Anyway, get your itunes account ready- G Dragon's new album drops on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment