Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Eyelash extensions: like a weave for your eyelashes


What's that saying about Rome? Well, when in Korea, dye your hair black and get eyelash extensions. I'm not going to name any names, but there are plenty of teachers at KIS who have had these eyelash extensions. The eyelash extensions look so good, but still manage to look real.  I finally decided it was time for me to jump on this bandwagon and give it a shot. Marathon runner Katie Hobbs joined me too!

We followed the surprisingly accurate and easy directions of "it's in Jeongja behind the Quiznos" but the place was closed! We were told most businesses are "resting" on Sundays. We were so disappointed.
An eyelash menu
We called another teacher at KIS who told us about another place, Nail 6st, also in Jeongja. (If you've come across the blog looking for a place to do this in Bundang, directions are at the bottom of this entry.)

 Nail 6st didn't have any appointments until 6pm.  I called Jim and made a half assed offer to come home and take the kids to the playground for a few hours and then go back, but he told me I could just stay out! The whole afternoon! Until late!  Isn't that great? So Katie and I went to Lotte, then Starbucks, then dinner at La Vida Loca on Cafe Street in Jeonga



These chips and salsa were "service" (free).
This is the amount of chips provided.
 (and that's cheez-whiz next to it) but I'll take what I can get!
So here's what we did. At 6:00 we went in to Nail 6st and were taken to a back room. We laid down on the table and discussed how long we wanted our extensions to be. Katie specified she wanted stripper-length eyelashes and I requested not to end up looking like a drag queen. Then we got started. The first thing she did was tape my bottom lashes to my face. This wasn't really comfortable.

They have these strips with individual lashes (that's what's taped to my forehead). The piece of tape on the left of my eye has 2 blobs of black glue. She would take single lash, dip it in the glue and glue it to one of my lashes (I think-I'm not sure what's glued to what). They key to the whole thing is to lay still and DON'T OPEN YOUR EYES. 

Shhhh, Katie's sleeping
Keep your eyes closed Katie!
Here's a quick video. At the very beginning of the video you'll see her dip the eyelash into the glue, then she afixes it to Katie's eyelash.



Katie before

Katie after











me before (eye shadow, no mascara)

me after
I guess I'm glad I did it, but I don't think I'll do it again. It's $60 ($50 if you pay cash), afterwards you can't use an eyelash curler or mascara, and it lasts about a month. I have a feeling these are the exact same reasons most people love it. I'm pretty high maintenance and usually wear a lot of makeup. I think this procedure is more for someone doesn't really want to put makeup on in the morning but still wants to look fab, or just needs a little boost.

DIRECTIONS:
Nail 6st is on the North side of Jeongja. Start by finding Butterfingers Pancakes. Nail 6st is across from the GS25 that is across the street from Butterfingers. It sounds confusing to read it, but once you're there it makes sense. It's next door to a Dunkin Donuts, but that describes most places in Seoul.


3 comments:

  1. The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of great information which can be helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more contents...Great job, keep it up.. eyelash extensions training seoul

    ReplyDelete
  2. eyelash extensions training seoulI am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!
    high definition brows

    ReplyDelete