Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Who's at the door? (unrelated note: Beauty Box!)

We had just arrived home from school today when the doorbell rang. This rarely happens, as you can imagine. I figured it was religious zelots, but they were right out side the door (as opposed to being at the main door of the building 15 stories below) so I opened up. To my surprise there were 3 men, one with a bucket. They spoke Korean at me and smiled so I let them in, assuming they were here to fix something. They went straight to our back bathroom. We had just gotten home, so we followed them expecting to see a flood on the floor, but everything was fine. They used the bucket as a step stool to open up the ceiling. 



Here the guy is checking out the pipes.

They tried to explain what they were doing in very broken English-so broken that the only words I unerstood were "no water". I tried asking follow up questions like, "So the water is off in the bathroom?" Things were getting a little messy so I called our faculty support guy Kwancho! Kwancho talked to the guy and then explained to me that these guys just finished a bathroom renovation upstairs and they were here to make sure everything is in tip-top shape. I'm guessing that "no water" means that there's no leak. So in this case, "no water" is a good thing. 

Alright, not that you care, but I'm so excited about my subscription to a beauty box! I know you might be wondering what a beauty box is. A beauty box is a like a cheese-of-the-month-club but instead of cheese, it's beauty products. There's a variety of these subscriptions in the US, but in Korea there's only one: GlossyBox. This is my first time ordering something like this and it took so much work that I ended up paying our support guy, Reeon in cash and he put it on his card. Purchasing things on Korean sites is not easy when you are a foreigner.

Look at the inside of the box!

Here's what came in my box this month! I only know what some of them are!
 Dark, dark, dark grey (some might interpret as black) nail polish. Lash Mallow mascara, Uriage water spritz (just fancy water spray for your face, I think). Something that I think is a toner and something else I think is a moisturizer. Isn't this a fun way to try Korean products? (By the way, if you try this in the states, you won't be getting Korean products).

Picture of one of the products from the website. I was interested in the "How to Use" bullet. It says: "Apply at the last stage of skin care, spread gently all over face, and make it absorbed"
I'm going to work on making this absorbed now. 


1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this. I'm going to google it and see what you can get here.

    ReplyDelete