Monday, December 31, 2012

Dr. Fish in Gangnam


Today we went where I've always wanted to go-Dr. Fish! Dr. Fish is a cafe where you can have your feet .....what's the word?....groomed by small biting fish. We drove to Jeongja and parked our car (after some work to find the parking garage) and took the fancy Shin Bundang line to Gangnam.

Grandma on the subway! Or should I say Ajumma?

 I had found directions on another blog, but those directions turned out to be wrong (I didn't realize it but they were 5 years old, which is before the Shin Bundang line even existed). SO, if you have stumbeled onto this blog looking for directions to Dr. Fish, as of Dec. 31, 2012, leave through Exit 10, walk straight for about 5 minutes. It will be on your LEFT above the BSX clothing store on the 2nd floor (across the street from the huge CVG movie theatre).
Here's a picture of the entrance. Take the elevator to the 2nd floor.


 I used the time that we were lost to buy this awesome scarf. SO snuggly. It was about 20F here today, so both fashionable, Korean-looking, and practical.

So this cafe is really nice. For about $5 you get a drink (cafe latte for me), all you can eat bread, coffee and tea. When we first got there, there was also delicious soup. But when it ran out, they put out rice balls.


Puffed rice balls. Blaegch. The kids LOVED these though.
Ruby and August enjoying each other's company
We paid an extra $2 per adult (kids don't do this because it's too scary for them, or something) to get the special fish treatment. First they wash off your feet, then you put them in the pool for about 20 minutes. There were two pools: small, hungry fish and large, hungry fish. 
Feed me!

Grandma, getting her feet washed
I enjoyed it, it was very ticklish, but In this picture I look very surprised.



The fish really  liked Jim's feet. Look how lonely my feet are:

To give you a better impression of how this went down, here's a video:


2 comments:

  1. Hi, you wouldn't know the opening hours for this DR Fish cafe? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the hours, but I'll look the next time I go and post it!

    ReplyDelete