Friday, July 20, 2012

Let me guess...

The dishwasher
 
the washing machine







This apartment has a washing machine and a dishwasher. I haven't had a dishwasher in almost 5 years. And my oldest children are 5 years old. That's a lot of dish washing by hand. So it is no exaggeration to say I am delighted to have it now. Even though it's in Korean. This has not stopped me though. It wasn't much different from figuring out the fancy washing machine at my parents house in Parker last week. I just hit the bigger buttons and assumed the settings that initially came up were the "standard" settings. And hey! Clean clothes and dishes!

Speaking of being illiterate. When we went to Emart we bought a coffee maker and, naturally, we bought coffee to go with it. Well, when we opened it we found out we had bought instant coffee. So our coffee maker is being used as a water heater for the instant coffee....
Looks like coffee to me


One more thing. Let me show you my pretty kitchen.

 I added a back-splash by cutting up some plastic placements from Ikea (I brought them with me from Denver-that's right, this was premeditated-thanks apartment therapy) and attaching them to the wall. It brings a nice amount of color, don't you think?

Here are the birds up close:




3 comments:

  1. As always, you're making a beautiful home!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE!! Love it! My dad's apartment in Tokyo had buttons on every appliance (including the fridge). He was always saying, "Don't touch the buttons!" since if we messed stuff up it could never go back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I am amazed by your homemaking skills. :)

    ReplyDelete